We're intensely grateful for America’s veterans and the sacrifices that they have always selflessly made for us. Whether they defended our freedoms overseas or saved lives in emergencies here at home, our veterans embody the patriotism and courage that people worldwide associate with what it means to be American.
We’re also honored to help veterans pursue their dreams and passions of entrepreneurship. By building apps for veteran-owned shops, we help our veteran clients take advantage of the seemingly endless benefits of mobile optimization. From augmenting their businesses with better conversion rates to improving their customer service capabilities, we’re helping them pursue the American Dream via just a few taps on a smartphone.
In celebration of Veterans Day, we’ve compiled a list of 6 of our favorite veteran-owned shops. They all offer patriotic-themed apparel, each brand bringing their own signature flair--allowing you to see a glimpse of their experiences and why they love their country so much.
- Grunt Style was founded by veterans with a mission to not only create ultra-patriotic apparel, but to instill good old-fashioned American pride in everyone who wears it. Grunt Style sells a variety of apparel and gear, born of the patriotic spirits of the company's founders and community. All products including men’s and women’s shirts, tactical gear, and other branded items can be purchased via the Grunt Style app. Read more about the success Grunt Style has found with its Shopgate apps here.
"You don't have to be a Veteran to wear Grunt Style, but you do have to love Freedom, Bacon and Whiskey. "
- Rogue American Apparel is an apparel company by name, but a lifestyle company by trade. Founded in 2011 by a former Marine, Rogue American features a full offering of clothing, accessories, and household items like coffee and home decor. The company's mission is to promote the warrior mindset by providing products for those who live that mindset every day. Rogue designs are printed in the USA and feature custom designs synonymous with warrior history, pride, culture, and ethos.
"A brand for those who stand for something."
- Article 15 Clothing was founded by veterans who simply want to provide the best quality of clothing to supporters while also bringing laughter and awareness to the people who've selflessly protected our freedoms. A significant part of the brand is the YouTube channel of Art 15 President Mat Best. As the company grows, the channel's content becomes more entertaining and dynamic. Fans of the channel can support it with Art 15 purchases, which fund video endeavors while heavily supporting the veteran community.
"Hooligans with a dream"
- 11 Bravos is an apparel company owned and operated by veterans, with a heavy military influence on the items and styles available. A vast selection of PT gear, division-specific apparel, outerwear, and custom items are available for any runner or athlete who wants a little star-spangled boost in his or her day. This thriving company is especially renowned for its charitable efforts for veterans--making a purchase all the more patriotic.
"Duty, honor, pride and country."
- Black Rifle Coffee Company is a combination of veteran Evan Hafer's Seattle roots, military service, and drive to drink - and sell - the greatest coffee out there. After roasting batches of coffee between deployments, Evan began roasting full time in 2014. Now operating as a premium small-batch, roast to order coffee company, BRCC imports high quality coffee beans from Colombia and Brazil, then blends and roast them personally.
"We develop each of our explosive roast profiles with the same mission focus we implemented as Special Forces Operators serving this great country."
Looking for a new way to thank America’s bravest men and women on this Veterans Day? Explore these brands and their apps — not only will you find great products, but you’ll be supporting these creative and driven veterans while you're at it. We're proud to support these stores and all veteran-owned businesses after everything their owners have done for us.
Autor: Casey Gannon
Vice President of Marketing | Casey is an experienced tech marketer, driven to develop marketing strategies that blend traditional techniques with emerging technology. With over ten years of experience in mobile, she believes that mobile apps are the modern solution in helping retailers directly connect with and impact consumers. When she's not looking ahead to the next opportunity, Casey is a busy mom, soccer player and adjunct professor at her alma mater, St. Edward's University.