The holiday shopping season is in full swing, and there's no shortage of chaos to go around. Just take a glance at any mall or outlet store and you'll quickly be clued into why so many shoppers opt to go online for their major purchases. To capture these crowd-duckers, you should leverage your app, brands and products using our holiday app marketing best practices.
- Push through the season's chaos. Use smart targeting to reach specific user groups, creating relevant messaging strategies for each of your customers. Targeted messages perform significantly better than broadcast messages, so be sure to engage users based on actions they've taken in the app or their specific demographic groups.
- Send Merry Messages. Mix up your messaging strategies, using one-time messages to alert users about one-time special holiday sales or events, and relying on automated messages to alert busy users about things like abandoned carts that need attention. They'll likely appreciate the reminder during the holiday buzz.
- The Season's Most Magical Gift: Facebook. Don't skimp on relying on the world's most powerful social media platform to engage app users. Use Facebook's powerful targeting to reach your userbase, or find lookalike audiences who might also be interested in your offers.
- The Gift of Easy Checkout. Painful, manual data entry is exactly the kind of drag that can make a holiday shopper slow their roll and say goodbye to your app. Provide several easy checkout provisions to ensure effortless checkout. Think Paypal, Apple Pay and a credit card scanner to start.
- All-for-one Marketing Efforts. Make your marketing collateral go farther with ad scanners and QR codes, which direct users right to specific locations in your app, lending to faster purchasing and less distraction.
- The Allure of Exclusivity. Customers expect your app to provide some unique value — offering app-exclusives, whether they be specific product re-stocks, special discounts or free shipping, can bring even more value to their app experience.
- Get Seasonal! Your customers are in the holiday spirit, so you can be too! Get festive, and bank on the seasonality at hand.
- Timing Tips. Get your timing right by getting ahead of the rush — although this tip might be more helpful for your hindsight vision, it's not too late to make the most of the reamining shopping season.