In our new report, the Mobile method, we discuss the progress of mobile commerce in 2017, and share key insights for 2018. download the full report here for much more.
With improved outlook for apps in 2018, it's important retailers recognize the key steps involved in successfully bringing an app to market. read on to find our best practices
for app success.
1. ASO- POWER UP YOUR APP
There are over 2 million apps in the App Store, and it sees 500 million weekly customer visits. With 63% of app downloads still coming directly from App Store searches, it’s important to make sure your listing stands out.
2. SMART BANNERS
Users that enter the app directly from the banner show a 70% higher in-app purchase rate over general app users.
3. TAPPING INTO YOUR AUDIENCE
Using Facebook retargeting, one-time visitors who are retargeted are up to 70 percent more likely to convert when they visit your website again.
4. SMART DESIGN IS ESSENTIAL
- CONNECTION: Remember to put yourself in your user’s shoes and define your goals of communication; the essential benefit of apps is the business-to-user connection they provide. /
- INTEREST: If your app design isn’t interesting, you’re already falling behind. While your products likely speak for themselves, make them even more eye-catching using product grids, image sliders, category images and promotional banners.
- CONSISTENCY: Make sure the elements of your app relate to one another, using consistent spacing, text size, and design elements; carrying over styles and pieces of your desktop site can help here.
- CLARITY: Be sure your app clearly communicates what you sell, ensuring each element is sized for mobile and helps steer users through the purchase funnel easily.
5. QR CODES
Thanks to Apple’s iOS 11 release, an estimated 1 billion smartphones now how native QR code scanning functionality. With this move, QR codes will become a must-have element of any mobile strategy. While Western markets have yet to fully catch the QR craze, it’s estimated that more than $1.65 trillion of transactions in Asia used QR codes in 2016.
6. MAXIMIZING EXPOSURE
Your customers will only download and engage with your app if they know about it. Leverage existing channels like email lists to promote your app in the same way you’d promote sales or special promotions. Connect in-store customers by offering rewards for app downloads, and place links to the app in order confirmation emails. Don’t forget to promote heavily on social media channels — these are users already interested in your brand and digitally tuned in!
Autor: Amanda Laviana
Amanda is an experienced content marketer, with a background in advertising copywriting. She handles content across an array of platforms for Shopgate, including blogs, whitepapers, webinars, social media and video.